Friday 18 April 2014

Casting (Modelling)

HA GOT YOU I'M 5'3" LETS NOT BE MEAN

Alginate Hand Casting
Possibly the coolest thing you can force a year below to do for you, the whole process includes alginate (if you've had braces you'll know the stuff, its the thing they mould your mouth with at the beginning that tastes disgusting)
So, I picked a year below who had relatively nice hands, shame about her nails but we cant have everything. And I set up a casting bowl and she stuck her hands in and stayed like that for a while, and then I let her go and filled the caste with plaster caste and this is the result-
Pretty cool huh



And i decided to draw it, for you art nerds, this was done in HB.B2 and B3 with a tiny bit of H2 at the beginning to do outlining.


In the past I've done some alginate hand casting on myself, so seeing as this post is about that I may as well upload that too
So this is the plaster caste of my own hand, painted in black acrylic and gold paint to look like its made of bronze.

This is the jokest thing ever.




km



No comments:

Post a Comment