Thursday 15 May 2014

Sporty Chic and a DIY Job

 




Trousers - Adidas Vintage Sportswear
Halterneck Crop Top - DIY ----- Check out how I made it here
Shirt - Charity Shop 
Sunglasses - Ray Ban
Bodychain - eBay - here
Rucksack - Radley
Shoes - Steve Madden (Mums obv)
Scrunchie - DIY


Hi all, was thinking of how I could dress up the top I made and well then I remembered I picked up these silk tracksuit thingys when I was in Bristol. They are the comfiest trousers I have ever worn in my life, but can so easily be made 'posh' with a pair of heels (I think). Anyway, I like this outfit, maaaaybe I could possibly brave wearing it one day, but that also depends if my mum lets me wear her shoes. It's so fab having the same size feet as her, she has the best shoe wardrobe ever. These nude heels are so so comfy, and I will be borrowing them much more often. I am aware of the tackiness of the bodychain, but I can't lie, I'm loving it and I plan on wearing it all summer. The sunglasses are purely to hide the fact I wasn't wearing any make up, and also it was incredibly bright when I took these which is why i look so grumpy and squinty.

I am so happy with this top, it is the first thing I have ever made completely from scratch, with pattern cutting and all!! And it is actually quite wearable, minus being a little slutty, but who cares. The neon lower strap is just fun really, if I wore this to a 'nice' event I think I would switch it for a grey or blue ribbon, but it spices it up for the meantime. My hair was a shambles but it was too frizzy to wear down, and it was also quite windy, so this was really for the best. I don't know why I keep putting two bits of hair out, but I feel like it makes my face look thinner and distracts everyone from how square my face actually is hah. 

I can't tell if the shirt works with the outfit, but it definitely dresses it down a lot. The picture makes it look like it clashes with the top, but they were actually very similar colours. I feel this outfit is sort of urban preppy, a wonderful clash.

Can't believe I hit 6000 views today, this is too surreal
Thanks so much to everyone who has been checking me out, or following me, I am actually so flattered!!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment